A blog named BETTY

Monday, April 21, 2008

REMEMBER! You asked for this!

I had a couple of requests to know how the kids managed while Hubby and I went to New Orleans. This is me responding to my public: The kids did GREAT! It appears, however, that the dog was deeply traumatized. He was tense and clingy (in a huge dog sort of way) for the first week we were back--wouldn't let us out of his sight, got really so-frantically-glad-to-see-you hyper when we'd walk in, etc. That part was tolerable, even kind of cute sometimes. Not even remotely tolerable was the two times he went outside, ate his own poo and then threw it up on my family room carpet. I'm all for expressing your feelings, but this form is not my favorite. In fact, I have never had the dry heaves so bad in my life. I could not even go near the room. So, AREN'T YOU SO GLAD YOU ASKED??

And to hopefully erase that image before you leave me, let me reiterate that the kids all seem more than fine--no feces regurgitation that I've noticed. (Oh, oops--erase that image too.) We were really proud of them with how they took care of each other, followed the schedule, and even cleaned the house before we came home! They are better at the whole domestic thing than I am, and I'm not one bit offended.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

EEEWWWWW! That's sooooo gross. Chalk that up for one more reason we'll never get a dog. YUCK!!

*~*Jill*~* said...

Seriously?!

Glad the kids are alive and well - and your dog has issues. BIG issues

Jen said...

I think your dog and Eli would get along great -- they both are confused about food and things that come out of your bum! Maybe some doggy therapy? Yay for the kids!

Becky said...

Ummmm--can I just MINIATURE DACHSUND! Tootsie roll sized poop. That's all I have to say about that.