A blog named BETTY

Monday, February 9, 2009

In Potty News...

I am finally ready to post a picture of an entire remodeled room. We've done so much, but I hate sharing a room until it's all done, and...well...that's a difficult concept for me. I can't think of a single room in my house that I consider 'done,'and I've been at it for 11 years. (Wait--my master closet is done. But don't ask for a picture of it. I said it was done...that doesn't mean it's clean.)

Okay, so the big whole room I'm ready to show is our powder room. (Ya know--baby steps.) And it's not done. (Surprise.) I still have to hang some art, but I can't wait that long.

Now, keep in mind that this was Boozer's room for the first 8 months of his life, so it was trashed (thus the remodel). Try not to be frightened. Okay, so here's the before:



And here--ta dum, ta dum--is the after:



I know the bright colors aren't for everyone, but wow, do I love them!! We're all a little overly giddy about the whole thing, but when you consider that we haven't been able to use this bathroom--our only main floor potty--for a year, it's a tad more understandable. It's a long hike up or down a flight of stairs when ya gotta go, KWIM?

The moral of today's post? If you want a new bathroom, move a massive puppy into it, wait a year, and viola!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hmmm....I don't know if I agree with your methods, but I'm totally digging the results! Maybe it'll work with potty training two children in two years...

Jeni said...

Beautiful!! I seriously love it. Wanna come to my house and remodel everything? Just thought I'd ask...

Tiffany said...

Very chic! Brave women, I'd never get away with those colors, well done.

*~*Jill*~* said...

In the words of Liz Lemon:
I want to go to there!


(ok. not like .... eh. you can work it out ... )

Becky said...

I love it!!! Great call on the mirror--i feel attached since I was in on the decision. ;) It looks fabulous dawling.

A Musing Mother said...

I will miss the mosaic. I will have to take your kitchen table with me to go potty from now on.