A blog named BETTY

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Once again, Target changes my life

So I got one of my wild hairs the other day. I was actually at the doctor with my mother-in-law, Dixie, and I was reading about organization in a magazine. It suggested keeping a folder with you of little things you need to do--thank you notes, bills, etc--so that if you're waiting somewhere (oh say, at a doctor's office), you can get those little things done. The lightbulb went on, which in turn triggered a wild hair, and I was at Target that very afternoon looking for that very thing. What I found was PERFECTION, and I don't just throw that word around lightly. Perfection for me entails the following formula:
something even better than I'd envisioned in my wildest dreams
+
the possibility of embellishing
+
off the clearance rack.

She shoots, she scores!!
These beauties were all of the above, cardboard and canvas portable file purse-like thingys. (Yes, that's what the label said. Prove me wrong.) I was prepared to use them straight off the shelf, but those cardboard sides screamed at me "paper me, embellish me, make me all that I can be!" (These are obviously file thingys with some military tendencies.)

So, I did.

I made one for my neighbor for her b-day, and one for me, and one more because I just couldn't stop myself. And now a picture:



I am going to fill mine with not only the things they suggested, but also those random magazines/catalogs that are just too cool to throw away before looking through, and the school newsletters I need to read, and all of the other stuff I never seem to get to. (maybe the dishes??) Then when I'm waiting in the car for a kid to get out of practice, I can whip something out, do it, and feel triumphant.

That mom driving down the street in her minivan with a smug smile on her face? That will be me.

3 comments:

Alaina said...

You are so clever! I love it.

MY birthday is next Friday... ahem... ;)

Jen said...

cute cute cute!!!!

A Musing Mother said...

Hey! You missed my birthday. Remember the Jamba Juice I brought you for your birthday? I'm just hinting. November 24, 1965. Got that? I think I share a birthday with Princess Leia and somebody else famous but I can't remember her name.