A blog named BETTY

Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Little Planner

Shnookie4 has reached that ripe old age of nine, where you start to look ahead and plan in minute detail the next 72 years of your life. Isn't your nine-year-old doing that? (Heck, I have a 17-yr-old who struggles to plan the next 72 MINUTES of his life.)

The other night, Hubby was tucking Shnookie4 into bed, and she says:

"I've been making some plans. When I grow up I want a nice house. Nothing too big, but just kinda big. (Describes every detail of the backyard)I want to decorate the house so that it's colorful but not too flashy. Like I want a room in two main colors, with just a hint of a third color."

Do you thing HGTV is on too much in our house?

Then a few days ago, after school, she tells me:

"Mom, I've decided that when I grow up, I want to be a genius in college."

I'm so glad she's pacing herself. There's just no use wasting genius on public school. She's gonna save it for the big leagues.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so cute, so funny that she's got the color thing down already. Never too early to start planning.